What is "renewal" and how does it affect credit?
Several accrediting bodies grant approval of courses with an approval period. Courses with an approval period are evaluated by MedBridge to determine whether we resubmit applications for renewed approval (renewal).
Courses are evaluated for renewal based on:
- User feedback (quality and number of completions)
- Relevancy (older content will be retired as newer content is generated)
- Regulating body feedback (content may be added or removed as state requirements change)
Credit can only be guaranteed if you complete the course during the approval period. To guarantee credit, it is recommended to do the following prior to starting a course:
- Verify course approval (How to Check Accreditation?)
- If you completed a course and the course approval shown in the course catalog has since expired, please download your certificate and check that the proper approval statement for the course completion appears.
- If you completed the course during the approval period you will be able to obtain credit and should be shown on your certificate.
- Plan to complete the course in a timely manner for best retention of learning objectives. Course approval expiration can be found in "Show accreditation details" or at regular intervals as outlined below.
- If your course is "Pending", wait until it shows as approved. Application to approving entities does not guarantee approval. It can not be guaranteed that approving entities will grant retroactive approval.