What is "renewal" and how does it affect credit?
Several accrediting bodies grant approval of courses with an approval period. Courses with an approval period are evaluated by MedBridge to determine whether we resubmit applications for renewed approval (renewal).
Courses are evaluated for renewal based on:
- User feedback (quality and number of completions)
- Relevancy (older content will be retired as newer content is generated)
- Regulating body feedback (content may be added or removed as state requirements change)
Credit can only be guaranteed if you complete the course during the approval period. To guarantee credit, it is recommended to do the following prior to starting a course:
- Verify course approval (How to Check Accreditation?)
- Plan to complete the course in a timely manner for best retention of learning objectives. Course approval expiration can be found in "Show accreditation details" or at regular intervals as outlined below.
- If your course is "Pending", wait until it shows as approved. Application to approving entities does not guarantee approval. It can not be guaranteed that approving entities will grant retroactive approval.
The following states/approving entities do not have set start/end approval periods. Check accreditation details for specific approval range:
- ProCert (DC, ND, PR)
The following states have approval retro-actively granted by calendar year:
Approval is a set period - complete by
- NJ - Jan 31, 2021
- NV - July 31, 2021
- OK - 01/01/2020-12/31/2021
Strength and Conditioning Specialist
All courses that have approved NSCA content will be re-applied. Course approval is from 01/01/18-12/31/2020.
Nursing/Speech Language Pathology
Approval periods by the ANCC and ASHA are generous. Content available will likely be assessed for new course creation to replace older courses. It is recommended to complete these courses and look for newer courses with similar content.
Occupational Therapy/Athletic Trainer
Courses do not expire. As content ages they will be removed by MedBridge and replaced with newer courses.
Courses not being renewed