For SLP subscribers, we will submit your completed courses to ASHA on your behalf. You will need to add your ASHA registry information to your account.
1. When you have indicated in your MedBridge profile that your primary discipline or a license discipline is SLP you will be asked if you want to earn ASHA CEUs. Your MedBridge profile must have a user First name and user Last name.
2. To add a license, click on Add a License.
3. A new screen will guide you through necessary fields to add your SLP license. Before you can successfully add the license, you will be prompted to select if you would like to add your ASHA ID so that MedBridge sends your course completions to ASHA:
4a. From here, if you do not want MedBridge to submit course completions for ASHA approved courses to the ASHA CE Registry, you can download your certificate with your SLP license information for your own records.
From your dashboard, click Certificates.
Select the certificate you would like to download with your applicable SLP License, and click Download.
4b. If you do want MedBridge to report course completions of ASHA approved courses to the ASHA CE Registry, select ASHA information to provide. Required fields will expand when you select your eligibility. You can add your ASHA ID# as shown below:
5. Or, you can provide information to indicate alternate eligibility. Only users who meet ASHA's eligibility standards can have completions reported. If you do not have an ASHA ID, you must fall under one of the following categories as shown below. You will be asked to provide supporting information should ASHA require proof that you are eligible (e.g. license number / organization that issued license, or ASHA ID for sponsoring clinical fellow, or School you are earning your SLP or audiology education from).
6. In both cases, you will be required to complete the address and phone number fields.
When all fields have been updated, the COMPLETE button will turn blue. Click the COMPLETE button to submit.
What if I am an existing user, and don't have a new license to add?
You can update your ASHA information by going to Licenses or CE Tracker, and click the pencil:
You will be taken to the screen described from step 3-6.
When does MedBridge send in my completion?
We submit completions from our monthly course offerings to ASHA within 45 days after the end of the month your course was completed. Your ASHA CE Registry is updated within 2-3 weeks of submission.
ASHA providers may only submit course completions for an offering once. We provide a 2 week window for users to update their ASHA reporting preference if for some reason they were not able to complete the form prior to course completion.
What if I change my mind?
You can always update your ASHA reporting preference by clicking the Send course completions to ASHA link. As of June 2017, ASHA reporting preferences will be by user (previously could be elected by course). Please check your profile - any users whose profiles are marked "I do not want to earn ASHA CEUs" will not be reported, even if we have ASHA information on file. We will consider your profile to accurately reflect your preferences.
If MedBridge has already reported for the month your course was completed, we recommend printing out the certificates for these courses and keeping them on file for your records. We understand that as an SLP you'd like to see all of your CEUs reported. ASHA has assured us that if you have less than 30 hours reported but attest completion of the needed 30 hours, they will not have an issue as long as you can product the associated certificates.
Maintenance audits are performed by ASHA at the beginning of each cycle. Participants audited are chosen randomly, so SLPs missing 30 hours in the transcript are not more likely to be audited than anyone else.
Otherwise, to update your registry, you will need to submit a Participant Appeal to ASHA to have ASHA-approved courses added. Note: you can only submit an appeal within a year of course completion.
To check courses for ASHA accreditation, please follow this link: Are your courses accredited in my state?