Get acquainted with Patient Care in 5 easy steps:
- Where to find our HEP
- Searching for exercises
- Building an HEP
- Giving your patient access
- Editing an existing program
In your MedBridge account, click on the "Patient Care" tab then select "Create Home Exercise Program."
There are several different ways you can search for exercises in our library - learn about them below.
Enter keywords in the search box to find exercises in the library. Below are some helpful tips for your keyword searches.
- Our exercises typically follow this naming convention: Position + Body Part + Movement + Equipment. For example, Seated Shoulder External Rotation with Resistance, or Prone Hip Extension.
- If you are having trouble finding the exercise that you are looking for, try to broaden your search by using fewer words, and then sort or filter the exercises from there. You can learn about our sorting and filtering options below.
- Please let us know through the Feedback Tab if you still can't find your exercise! We'll either tell you how to find it, or add it to our filming queue if it isn't in the library.
On the left hand side of the library, we have a selection of filters that you can also use to find exercises. Below are details about each section of filters. We are always interested in adding more, so feel free to let us know if you have any ideas!
- List: This is a comprehensive list of exercise categories, which are grouped under Joints, Movement, Purpose, Position, Equipment, Specialty, Muscles, and Pathology.
- Simple: This is our quick and easy list of common exercise groupings, and it is organized by body part! For example, under Hip, you can filter by 4 Way Hip, Stabilization, or AROM. It has many of the categories from the List view, but requires fewer clicks.
- Body: This is our visual anatomical filtering tool. If you are looking for Hand exercises - simply click the hands on our anatomical model.
- Text: Locate certain exercises from this text list of all of our available exercises - sort by categories provided along the top panel of the builder.
To build an HEP, drag-and-drop an exercise to the Program Builder (the white space on the right-hand side). For more details, please visit this article on how to Create an HEP.
Every time you create a new HEP, a new access code is generated. The access code allows your patient to view their HEP in the Patient Portal.
The access code can be found two places:
1. In the Exercise Builder.
2. On HEP print-outs.
If you'd like to save time re-creating a program for a certain condition, you can save your commonly used programs/protocols as templates. Learn more here: Creating a Template
There are 3 ways to easily send your patient their HEP:
- Email the patient their program. Your patient will have unlimited access to the exercise videos that you assign them from home. Learn more here: Email an HEP
- Text the patient their program. Your patient will receive a text message prompting them with their access code and login instructions.
- Print the program in-appointment. Your patient can take home high-quality exercise images in their custom HEP. Learn more here: Print an HEP
You're able to edit an existing program by navigating to the Access Codes section in the Patient Engagement section of your account and choosing the 'Edit' option for the program that you would like to make changes to. This tool allows you to use the same access code for any given patient throughout their rehabilitation.