Understand your organization’s goals with KTs
It is important to understand your organization's purpose behind assigning a Knowledge Track not only for your professional development but for the overall continuing competency level of clinicians at your organization.
- What is the business trying to accomplish by asking you to review the content?
- What is the value?
- What are the expectations?
Work with your adviser to build KT programs specific to your practice’s needs
Whether it's learning the latest research in pelvic rehabilitation or understanding new techniques in manual therapy, it is important to focus your Knowledge Tracks based on your practice's needs.
- What areas of education are needed to help meet the practice’s business goals?
- Should you build tracks for clinic-wide, individual clinicians, or both?
Identify track components
A variety of content helps engage clinicians in their professional development, and you can upload our content plus your own proprietary content on Knowledge Tracks.
- Will your track have 1 course or several?
- Is there custom or proprietary content that would be beneficial to pair with the course(s)?
- Live events? (hands-on labs, in-services, mentor meetings, etc)
Set dates for live events and track due dates
Inform your staff:
There are a two things necessary for successful implementation:
1) Selling MedBridge to your staff
Ensure your staff understands the value, the company’s goals, and how MedBridge will benefit them professionally and help them improve their patient care.
2) Educating your staff about MedBridge
- How to use the platform (refer your staff to the Support tab for searchable articles and how-to's)
- Informing them of the expectations, and how this will be integrated into their work
Assign the Knowledge Tracks and provide on-going support for professional development
For directions on how to build a Knowledge Track, please follow this link: How to build a Knowledge Track