|Part 1 - Introduction|||||Part 2 - Making Subscription Changes|||||Part 3 - Granting Admin/Manager Access|||||FAQs|
This is Part 2 in our series of articles about getting started with Hierarchy Subscription Tools. For other parts in this series, please click the links above.
Step-by-Step: How to Make Subscription Changes
Adding a New Clinician
Suppose you have a new hire that's just joined the company and you need to provide them access to a MedBridge account. To add a new clinician to MedBridge:
- Login to your MedBridge account.
- Hover over the "My Practice" tab in the far right-hand side of your account. Click on "Org Management". This will navigate you to your Hierarchy page.
- To add a new clinician, click "+ Add User" on the upper left-hand side under "Quick Actions".
- Next, you'll walk through a series of steps to create your new employee's account. First, enter their name, email address, their discipline and the location they work at. (Remember, this is the email address the Login email will be sent to and the email address to be used to log into MedBridge). Press the "Continue" button once complete.
- Next, choose what your clinician will be using MedBridge for. Are they a staff clinician that needs access to MedBridge content? You'll want to select "Subscription - Access to Content" to grant them a MedBridge subscription. Are they a Manager that only requires access to track clinician performance? You'll want to to select "Role - Manage user rights". If they require both MedBridge access and extra permissions to perform organizational management functions, you'll want to select "Both - Subscription and Role". Once you've made your selection, press "Continue".
- You will next select who will own the subscription. If an admin is making the purchase, the subscription will be owned by the organization and not by the employee. Select your organization and press "Continue".
- Now choose a subscription for your clinician. This page will show you how many subscriptions you have available to assign. If you have a subscription available, feel free to use this option. If not, you'll want to purchase an additional subscription to assign. Proceed to Step 8 if you're using an available subscription. Proceed to Step 9 if you're purchasing a new one.
- When adding an available subscription, please confirm all of the information before pressing "Complete" to add-on your clinician. Next, move onto Step 10.
- When purchasing a subscription, use either your existing credit card or enter new credit card information and press "Continue".
- Review and confirm your order details before pressing "Complete" to complete the transaction.
- Lastly, select an Activation Email and send the clinician their login by pressing "Send Activation Email".
You have now created an account for a new employee!
Removing a Clinician
Has one of your clinicians left your company? To remove a clinician's access to their MedBridge subscription:
- Hover over the "My Practice" tab in the upper right-hand side of your account. Click on "Org Management". This will navigate you to your Hierarchy page.
- Search for your clinician's name via the search box on the upper left-hand side.
- Once found, your clinician's profile will appear. Within their profile click on the "Unassign Subscription" button. "Unassign" simply means you're removing subscription access from a clinician but you still maintain access to it. After, you may be assigning this subscription to a new hire, or leaving it available for later assignment.
- Next, verify that this is the clinician you want to unassign from, then press "Continue".
- Will you continue to need access to your clinician's course history, HEPs or Knowledge Tracks records? If so, we recommend choosing "Yes - Just remove subscription". If you do not need to maintain access to the employee's account history, you can select "No - Also remove from organization". Next, press "Continue".
- Lastly, review and confirm the rotation you're about to make. Then press "Unassign Subscription". That's it! The subscription you've unassigned is now added to your "bucket" of available subscriptions for re-assignment in the future.
Note: Subscription un-assignment or "rotations" are a special benefit for practices with the MedBridge enterprise solution only. MedBridge provides rotations as we understand companies experience a natural rate of staff turnover. As a MedBridge policy, please only use rotations for staff that have left your company.
|<<Part 1||Part 3>>|